ON-LINE BOOKING – GENERAL CONDITIONS
- Confirmation of booking, deposit and payment:
Reservation is completed upon email notification by Venet.
- Prepayment: a prepayment refers to the establishment of a deposit required to secure booking. This is normally between 20% and 30% and it is refundable until a week prior to the reservation date.
- Balance: the balance payable is the total amount net of prepayment. It can be paid prior to the arrival by bank wire transfer or upon arrival by credit card or cash.
If the booking procedure is closed and in case you need to cancel your booking, it can be done without penalty for a week prior to the reservation, after which the deposit is non-refundable.
- Changing Reservations
The following changes are permitted if provided a written notice via e-mail:
- Changing the number of guests: if the number of guests decreases there will be no tariff reduction. If the number of guests increases you must contact us immediately for preparation rooms and beds.
- Confirmed Reservation
Once the reservation has been accepted Venet will send you an email with full details of your room, containing all useful information including the collection of keys and the address of the property. Please print a copy of this confirmation and keep it in hand before starting the journey. Please advises three (3) days in advance at what time do you expect to collect the keys.
- Liability of Customers
We ask that guests use apartments and their contents carefully and that all rules and regulations are adhered to at all times. General guidelines that we ask all guests to follow during their stay:
- Behavior: we expect guests to refrain from any antisocial behavior that can cause eviction from the apartment block. Please keep the noise level to a respectable threshold, do not to consume illegal substances and show respect to neighbors. Everyone expects noise levels from neighbors to be moderate, so please be considerate, especially in the evening and at night. The Owner reserves the right to evict the client and his guests from the building, thereby forfeiting the right to any compensation by the client.
- Out of order equipment: you will have a contact number for out of order equipment. Please advise about any out of order equipment as soon as possible in order to perform the repair.
- Number of guests: the accommodation must be booked for the number of guests who will be staying then. If the number of people changes over the length of stay, you must book for the highest number of guests arriving to the property. The number of guests staying and/or using the accommodation must not exceed the stated limit (except for children under two years old). The manager reserves the right to request you to leave or even evict the occupants, thereby forfeiting the right to any compensation.
- Liabilities: Venet is not responsible for direct or indirect damages that may occur during the period of stay at the accommodation, including (but not exclusive to): injury to person or possession, losses because of fire, theft or criminal behavior.
- Litigation: any litigation concerning accommodation or booking through Venet will be done under Italian law and with Venice as sole jurisdiction over such matters.
- Insurance for Travel
We recommend all customers to purchase an insurance policy before the trip. These policies are often affordable and can help you if you need to solve problems in unforeseen circumstances.
- Website Data Protection and Privacy
The personal information that Venet collects from you is managed, processed and transmitted in accordance with current legislation on data protection. We take full responsibility to ensure that the security measures used to protect your data are sufficient to prevent unauthorized access.
Privacy: The right to privacy is very important. Venet shall take appropriate measures to protect your privacy. Whenever you provide sensitive information (such as a credit card), we take all reasonable steps to protect it, such as encryption.
The acceptance of the reservation is subject to:
- the availability of the apartment at the time of receipt of the written reques
- the payment of an advance, such as a deposit
- the authorization for the debit for the payment of interim or final reservation
- the authorization for eventual debits of other amounts provided for in paragraph 3 or 4, in the event of cancellation or damage
- The reservation will be confirmed only after receiving the confirmation message (with information on arrival, on departure and with the rules of the apartment) by Venet after verifying that pertaining deposit has been made.
Venet reserves the right to refuse any order.
Upon receipt of written confirmation of reservations accepted and confirmed, and within the stated deadline, the customer will pay the difference between the price of the reserved accommodation and the amount paid only to confirm the reservation. The price of the holiday for the required period is written in the confirmation of booking.
In addition to the apartment, fully furnished and equipped, the price includes the following services:
- linen and optional weekly change,
- utilities such as electricity and gas, and air conditioning.
The price does not include transfers to and from the station, airport or other terminal. All prices quoted are in euros.
- Cancellation by the Customer
The reservation deposit is refundable until one week prior to the arrival, following which it becomes non-refundable and non-transferable.
The balance can be paid in advance or on arrival.
Failure to pay within the time can cause the closure of the booking by the owner.
The customer is not entitled to any refund in case of voluntary interruption of the stay and following anticipated departure.
Any cancellation, including force majeure (such as, but not limited to, strikes, weather, health, accidents, etc., will be subject to clear and simple terms of our cancellation policy specified here).
We recommend customers to buy trip cancellation insurance.
At least three days before the arrival guests will send an e-mail to inform the office of their planned arrival in Venice and to obtain the final details about his reception.
If the Customer does not provide the information known at the required time, Venet will not be responsible for any delays or failure to collect the keys, as the apartments do not have a reception (like hotels do) and the welcome must therefore be organized.
The apartment is delivered between 2:30 PM-5:30 PM on the day of arrival and must be vacated by 10:00 AM on the day of departure.
The keys are handed over at the entrance of the apartment and should be left in the place of key delivery upon departure.
During the stay the guest will agree with Venet the actual return of the apartment by 10:00 AM of the day of departure, so that the Venet can perform all the formalities such as: checking utilities, the general state of return of the apartment, checking potential damages to the property and not more. Any delay by the customer over the maximum allowed time of 10:00 AM unless previously agreed to, confers the right to Venet to charge 100.00 euros.
Please kindly note that this requirement is both to guarantee the right of the next customer as well as your warranty upon arrival
- Maximum number of people
The description of the apartment shows the maximum number of people who are allowed to stay. However, the apartment is rented only to the number of people written in the reservation and confirmation by the customer: by law the owner must declare this number to the police authorities. We caution you that a number of people greater cause criminal liability, the immediate closure of booking with expulsion from the apartment without any reimbursement, not excluding other obligations for the customer and for (the) visitors as well as unexpected consequences; you may want to give due consideration to this requirement.
Pets are not allowed.
The apartment is cleaned coinciding with the arrival of each customer, and provided with linen; soap and toilet paper will be provided only for basic needs, then the customer will independently provide for them, as well as for food.
- Access to the Apartament – Complaints
The apartments are regularly inspected thoroughly and as well as to meet every arriving guest, but an unexpected event is always possible. If there are any problems during the stay, the customer is required to communicate them to Venet using the number written in the apartment as soon as possible, so we can solve the problem quickly; any and all claims made after the start of the reservation by the customer will not result in a reimbursement by Venet for any cause or reason, and no response shall be sent for 9 days after the release. Representatives of Venet will have access to the apartment during the stay if they have to in order to provide controls/change/reversal, or following a call, or due to force majeure; Venet always first tries to notify customers using the mobile number on the reservation and then, both in case of prior contact or not, it will enter the apartment ringing the bell or knocking on the door.
Apartments in Italy have a regular connection providing 3 Kw/h. This power level allows to have a comfortable standard of living. If you try to absorb an excessive power level at one time (for example, turning on all the lights and electrical components without turning off unused areas), the power counter will assume this was caused by a short circuit. In this case you must turn off the components that caused the power interruption and then manually re-enable the counter. Sometimes the counters are inside the apartments and the customer can reactivate the power on their own; other times the meters are locked or elsewhere. To reactivate these counters, action is required by the Venet staff. This is a paid service and, like the others, is not available 24/7.
- Behavior, Rules for Customers:
- When the customer signs the check-in form, he or she becomes responsible for the behavior of his party. That person and all those who accompany him must behave responsibly. As a ‘tenant’ is also called to respect the rules of the apartment building where the apartment is located. The apartment cannot be used as space for parties and will be used for sleeping, eating and relaxing. Please take note of the rules of the property in order to avoid problems: our main objective is to ensure our customers a great stay in Venice. Please respect the neighbors – ordinary people who have to get up early in the morning to work – and please keep the noise level to a minimum also in the apartment stairs.
- From 1:00 PM until 3:00 PM and from 11:00 PM until 8:00 AM guests cannot make noises that may disturb the neighborhood.
- Parties are not allowed and all the rules of the condominium must be respected; please refer to the ‘Terms and Conditions’ about noise, loud music and parties, which are clear: THEY ARE EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED. Guests of an apartment should know that if you do not respect the rules of the condominium or those established by the Owner, and if/or loud music is heard, or the neighbors complain and/or turn to the police, will be asked to immediately leave the apartment regardless of the time of these occurrence (whether it is day-time or night-time), without the right to claim any type of compensation: this will also cause the loss of any deposits as security for damages that had been paid.
- Please ensure that windows and doors are properly closed behind you. We suggest you take only what you need for the day because it is always possible there are pickpockets in tourist areas.
- In the event that the apartment’s keys are lost, broken or damaged, or the need arises for a technician to open the door, Venet will be entitled to charge the amount of 200.00 euros or more on holidays or at night, which includes the replacement of the lock (if there are no additional expenses incurred). In the event that the guest forgets the keys inside the apartment and had requested the intervention of the staff of the Venet to open the door, it will be charged an amount equal to euros 40.00, or more on holidays or at night.
- The apartments are delivered clean and in perfect order. Upon leaving, the customer is obliged to leave the apartment in a reasonable condition, even if the cleaning fee is included in the rent. The customer is asked to provide for repairs at his or her own cost.
- Please turn off the air conditioning and the lights when you leave the apartment and close the windows and doors even when you are inside; we try to keep our prices low and to save energy.
- Non-smoking apartments. In Italy it is absolutely forbidden to smoke in the stairwells and common areas; please smoke on the terrace, if there is one, or outside, avoiding throwing cigarette butts in the streets and courtyards.
- Recycling garbage: notes for recycling are available in the apartment.
Law and Jurisdiction
Any dispute arising between the parties regarding this agreement or relating to any event will be referred exclusively to the Venice Bar.